Friday, July 17, 2009

Sports In The Key of MJ


There have been plenty of athletes, teams, and moments in the world of sports of which Michael Jackson would have been a fan. So with that in mind and to honor the music of the King of Pop, whether or not he was a sports fan, I present to you some memorable sports moments, athletes, and teams that remind me of my favorite MJ songs.
I did the best I could with this one so try to enjoy it even if you weren't a Michael Jackson fan because I'm pretty sure everyone at one point in time was a fan of his.

Michael Jordan & Dominique Wilkins (Jam)-Jordan did the video for the song with MJ so I couldn't leave him off of the list, but it mainly reminds me of The Human Highlight Film posterizing opponents left and right.
Chad Ochocinco & Ron Artest (Wanna Be Startin' Something)-There are tons of guys I could have put for this one, but these two always seem to be in trouble for some reason.
Ed Reed & Troy Polamalu (Dangerous)-Again, a lot of guys I could have used, including UGA's own Thomas Davis, but no one wants to meet either of these two coming over the middle.
Matt Ryan (P.Y.T. Pretty Young Thing)- I always wanted a quarterback just like you, and now the Falcons finally have one. Such a pretty, young, TALENTED thing.
Maria Sharapova (The Way You Make Me Feel)- One of the few reasons I even watch tennis. She knocks me off of my feet, she really turns me on. My lonely days are good.
1980 U.S. Hockey Team (Remember the Time)-Do you remember? At the park, on the beach, you and me. In Spain. Where were you when the U.S defeated the mighty Russians?
Jose Canseco (Man In The Mirror)-Of all the playeres who have been brought up in the steroids era, Canseco is the only one who started with himself and told the truth about steroids and can now look at himself in the mirror.
WNBA & MLS (They Don't Care About Us)- Even David Beckham coming across the pond couldn't help out soccer in the U.S., and we all know about the WNBA. Enough said. There are some things that even Americans won't watch.
Steroid Users (Human Nature)- When your kids ask why some players had to cheat and use steroids to get ahead in baseball, just tell 'em that it's Human Nature.
Stephon Marbury (Smooth Criminal)-New York Knicks, you've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal. Marbury was making $20 million this past season sitting on the bench for the Knicks before his trade to Boston. D'Antoni are you okay, will you tell us that you're okay, after that highway robbery.
Phil Jackson (Don't Stop Til You Get Enough)-What a way to cap a legendary coaching career by capturing your 10th championship and passing Red Auerbach in the process. But, that's not all for the Zen Master. He's announced he's coming back for number eleven next season. Keep on, Phil, and don't stop til you get enough!

1 comment: